Dear year4 parents/carers,
We have had a very busy start to year 4 but the children have settled in and are enjoying their time in school! Please find some information about year 4 below:
- Our PE day for Y4BB this term is a Tuesday. Please ensure your child has full kit (T-shirt, black shorts and plimsolls/trainers) which should remain in school until the end of half term. I would also recommend your child brings an outdoor PE kit (jacket and tracksuit bottoms) approaching the autumn and winter. If your child does not have full kit, they cannot participate in PE lessons. Swimming will take place for Y4FD on a Thursday this term and a full swimming kit is needed.
- Homework will be handed out as and when we feel it is appropriate. Spellings will be handed out on a Monday to be tested the following Monday. All children in year 4 are expected to know all of their times tables up to 12×12 by the end of the academic year. Times table will be given out on a Wednesday to be tested the following Wednesday. Please help your child in practicing and remembering all multiplication tables and spellings.
- Purple home school contact books must be brought into school every single day. Spellings and homework will be outlined in this book. A comment about your child’s reading should also be recorded in this book with a signature.
- Children are expected to change their library books independently when needed- any day is appropriate.
- This year the children will explore a range of topics as part of geography and history, beginning with the Anglo Saxons and Celts followed by The Yellow Stone National Park and the Egyptians in the summer term.
Please remember if you have any worries, concerns or want to share some good news from home, the door is always open to arrange to meet with us!
Thank you again for all your support
Miss Bainbridge and Miss Dobbin.