We have had a busy week welcoming back our older children and introducing our new starters to Nursery. Over the next few weeks we will be focusing on settling all of the children in and supporting them to make new friends.
In Nursery we learn through play. We offer the children experiences, both adult led and child initiated, through a range of topics. This year our topics are
- Getting to know Nursery
- All about Me!
- Nursery Rhymes
- Diwali – The Festival of Light
- Our Favourite Stories
- Special Books
- Chinese New Year
- At the Farm/Spring
- Special People
- Special Times
- In Our Garden
- Raksha Bandham – The Festival of Brotherhood & Love
To support your child during their time in Nursery there are lots of things you could help them with at home.
- encouraging them to dress themselves independently e.g. putting on and taking off coats, shoes etc.
- talking about the world around them e.g. changes in the weather, signs they see on the way to school etc.
- counting every day actions and objects.
- recognising and writing their own name.
Throughout the year we will keep you informed about your child’s learning, but if you have any questions please talk to a member of the Nursery team.
Mrs. Hunt, Mrs. Hunter & Mrs. Inkster